You know how on every flight you take, the flight attendants tell you to secure your own oxygen mask before assisting others? Well, I feel like that is the key to preventing your mothership from going down. You are no use to your children if you are flopped over gasping for air and let’s face it, the ship can’t function without you. But putting on your own mask is a lot easier said than done when you have to find that mask at the bottom of a messy diaper bag with a baby screaming in one arm and a husband asking where his blue striped shirt is.
Although I know meeting my own needs is important, it is still a work in progress. We have been here seven months and my son has had three doctors appointments at his new doctors office. I think its about time I find myself a doctor. So, in part two of Howard County Parents Tell You Where To Go! I’m sharing with you my own research to find a primary care doctor as well as other resources recommended by parents who are living, parenting, and meeting their own needs in Howard County, MD.
Please know that there are many other resources here in HoCo, some of which are just waiting to be discovered as the next best thing. If you do not see your favorite on here, it does not mean that it is not completely awesome – I just haven’t heard people raving about it… yet.
Primary Care Physician:
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians (Dr. Perry-Fabrizio in Maple Lawn, and Dr. Ava George or Dr. Marino at Stevens Forest, or Dr. Greenwood in Fulton). They have a 4.4 average rating on their Facebook page.
- Seton Medical Group. In Ellicott City, three parents expressed great experiences with Dr. Jennifer Prabhu, who sees both children and adults. In Columbia, Dr. Shannarose Guma was recommended, and in Elkridge, Dr. Mary Rifino. They have a 4.2 average rating on their Facebook page.
- Family Medical and Dental Wellness Center, Dr. Rubina Alvi. They have a 4.9 average rating on their Facebook page.
OB/GYN: This was confusing to me when we first moved to Maryland, but most primary care physicians do not offer gynecological services and therefore you will also need an OB/GYN.
- Signature by Johns Hopkins Medicine. Though numerous women recommended Signature, one mom discouraged Signature stating it was “not very personable.”
- Voted Best of Howard County 2015 and 2014
- Capital Women’s Care in Fulton, MD. Several women mentioned a preference for the female doctors. One, specifically stated she did not prefer to see Dr. Marvin Davis as he is a male and she did not feel as comfortable with him.
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians. One mom recommended Dr. Natalia Colon-Guzman.
- Women’s OB/GYN Group in Columbia, MD.
- Hoffman & Associates out of Catonsville, MD.
- Dobbin Dental in Columbia, MD. They have a 4.6 rating on their Facebook page (18 reviews). They have 4 stars on Yelp (7 reviews). They have a 3.7 rating on Google (10 reviews).
- Dr. Stanley Park of Today’s Smile Dental for the entire family.
- Judd Dentistry in Columbia, MD. They have a 4.6 rating on their Facebook page (36 reviews). They have 3.5 stars on Yelp (19 reviews). They have a 4.8 rating on Google (68 reviews).
- Freedom Dental Care in Eldersburg, MD. They have a 4.9 rating on their Facebook page (59 reviews). They have 5 stars on Yelp (4 reviews). They have a 4.7 rating on Google (23 reviews).
- Pear Tree Dental Care in Ellicott City, MD. They have a 5.0 rating on their Facebook page (7 reviews). They have a 5 star rating on Yelp (12 reviews). They have a 5.0 rating on Google (20 reviews).
- Columbia Smiles Family Dentistry
- Voted Best Of Howard County 2018 and 2017
- Dr. Hess of Columbia Family Eye Care in Clarksville, MD for the entire family. They have an average rating of 4.9 on their Facebook page.
- Revolution Eyes in Ellicott City, MD for the entire family. They have an average rating of 5.0 on their Facebook page.
- Dankner and Fiergang in Clarksville, MD, which was the top recommendation for a pediatric eye doctor in part 1, also provides ophthalmology for adults. They have an average rating of 4.6 on their Facebook page.
- Wilmer Eye Institute at Columbia
- Voted Best of Howard County 2018
- Looks Salon in Columbia, MD. Moms recommended Krystin, Miranda, and Andrea. One mom recommended Irina for short hair. They have an average rating of 4.7 on their Facebook page.
- Mason and Friends in Columbia, MD. Two moms recommended Tunde Kulina for highlights. They have an average rating of 4.6 on their Facebook page.
- Voted Best of Howard County 2018 and 2017
- Patrick’s Hair Design in Columbia, MD. One mom reported that Justin is amazing, but pricy. Another mom expressed positive feelings toward Michelle Jeffery. They have an average rating of 4.8 on their Facebook page.
- Jenny at Hair Pros of Columbia, while another expressed dissatisfaction stating unqualified assistants did most of the work as Jenny was busy. They have an average rating of 5.0 on their Facebook page.
- Jenni Combs. She has an average rating of 5.0 (75 reviews) on her Facebook page.
- Stacey from Journey Photography (featured). She has a 5.0 (41 reviews) rating on her Facebook page.
- Shira at Apple of My Eye Photography and Design. She has a 4.9 rating (32 reviews) on facebook and 5.0 (11 reviews) on Yelp.
- Erin Morris Photography. She has an average rating of 4.8 (315 reviews) on her Facebook page.
- Erin Page Werking at Amazing Graces Photography. She has a 5.0 (18 reviews) rating on her Facebook page.
- Natalie Meyers from 2 moms and a camera. They have an average rating of 5.0 (11 reviews) on their Facebook page.
Real Estate Agent:
- Charlotte Savoy of the Savoy team at Keller Williams. Her contact information can also be found on her Facebook page.
- Trent Gladstone of Keller Williams.
- Alicyn DelZoppo with Craig Northrop Team.
- Christina Elliott with Keller Williams.
Now that we’ve got our day-to-day needs covered, part three of Howard County Parents Tell You Where To Go! will provide information for child-related activities, including a comprehensive list of options for where to host a child’s birthday party and parent recommended sports programs/ classes.
If you found this post helpful, please feel free to bookmark the page for later reference and also follow my blog and/or like MommyLoCo on Facebook so you will be the first to know!